Purchase order software is used to create and manage purchase orders, manage suppliers, email purchase orders to them, and to track purchase orders. Here are a few reasons why it’s beneficial to use purchase order software
1. Manually sorting through purchase orders on paper is time consuming and bad for the environment. Think about how much paper you’re wasting, especially if you’re a larger company who fulfils hundreds of orders daily.
2. The paperwork element could be replaced by emails, but this means that your orders are stashed away in your inbox, with no one else in the business able to access them should they need to. This makes this difficult and disorganised, and a purchase order software can help eliminate the chaos.
3. Having your purchase orders all on one software means that you (and anyone else you approve) can have access to your business’s entire order history, so you can see exactly who ordered what and when. This makes it so much easier to track orders
4. Purchase order software can make creating and sending purchase orders much quicker because you can simply use a barcode scanner to search for products, then select which supplier you want, and the software will automatically email them, so you don’t need to do it yourself. This could save you a lot of time and effort.
5. Keeping track of your orders allows you to make better cash flow projections, as well as identifying which sales channels are the most effective for your business.
6. Setting re-order levels for your products using your purchase order software means that you will never be out of stock, and that means your customers will stay satisfied.
Latest posts by Jodie Pride (see all)
- Guide to Building Backlinks for Your Retail Business - 20th August 2015