When choosing an order management software, there are many things to think about – you don’t want to end up wasting your valuable money by choosing a product that’s not right for you or your business. You need to take into consideration your business needs, and what you want from an order management software before making a decision. Ultimately, your goal is to streamline the production and distribution process, and finding the right order management software can help this significantly.
Order management software needs to address 3 key issues:
When choosing order management you need to asses your business, and also the other benefits you want from your order management software, so ensure you’re choosing the right product for you:
1. How many customers do you have? Whether is 100 or 100,000, you need to choose an order management software than can cater to the number you’re serving – but you also don’t want to end up paying for a powerful and pricey software designed to manage more customers than you currently have.
2. How many orders so you manage? Similarly, you will want to make sure that the order management software can process the amount of orders you are managing or won’t charge over the odds if you only manage a small number of orders Some will offer different price plans depending on how many customers and orders you fulfil.
3. How many channels are you using? If you’re selling on more than one channel – using eBay, Amazon and your own website, for example – you’ll need to choose an order management software that works across all these channels and can sync your orders. It’s no good having a multichannel order management system than only works on 2 out of your 3 ecommerce platforms.
4. What are your goals for the future? You need to asses your growth patterns – if you plan on expanding, you need to make sure you’re choosing an order management software than can respond accordingly.
5. You also need to consider how simple you need the software to be – you’ll want it to be easy enough to train your employees to use, but not so simple that it’s vulnerable to outside predators.
6. Costs. This is one of the main issues in choosing an order management software – you need to work out your budget and asses how much you’re willing to spend on this software. Sometimes the “best” and most expensive software on the market might not actually be the best for you.
7. You need to choose a software that’s compatible with your existing systems – for example, some only work on certain operating systems. You need to look at your currently technology and asses whether the order management system can integrate with it.
8. You need a system which will work across all the devices you and your team might use, it might work great on your iPad but what about a team members using a PC or Mac?
9. A platform which is easy to understand and use, which will mean less training required for new staff and also less mistakes made when dealing with orders.
10. A system which automatically groups your orders into various categories such as order status, payment status, so that you can easily see these orders and manage them easier.
At Veeqo, we’re here to help you increase sales and grow your ecommerce business. We’re always writing about the latest trands for multichannel ecommerce retailers. To make sure you never miss a post from us, sign up for oocasional email updates from us now.