The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the national postal service for America, and is the only delivery provider that reaches every address in the nation.
They offer are a number of shipping services available for use by US-based ecommerce and retail businesses, all of which are detailed below.
Domestic USPS Services
Priority Mail Express
Priority Mail Express is USPS’s fastest domestic service with guaranteed overnight delivery before 10.30am to most US addresses. It comes with with free package pickup, signature record, tracking information, $50 of insurance and prices start at $24.70 per shipment.
Priority Mail is a standard USPS service with delivery guaranteed in 1-3 business days. Prices start at $6.70 per shipment and include free pickup, tracking information and $50 of insurance.
First Class Mail
First Class Mail is a more affordable way to send envelopes and lightweight packages up to 13oz using USPS. Delivery is guaranteed in 1-3 business days with insurance, tracking and signature on delivery available as optional extras.
International USPS Services
Global Express Guaranteed
Global Express Guaranteed is USPS’s fastest international service, providing date-certain delivery to over 180 countries in 1-3 business days. Prices start at $64.50 and include tracking to all destinations, $100 of insurance and may qualify for free pickup.
Priority Mail Express International
Priority Mail Express International provides fast international delivery to over 180 countries with date-certain delivery in 3-5 business days. Starting at $42.50, it comes with free pickup, tracking information and $200 of insurance for merchandise loss, damage or missing contents.
Priority Mail International
Priority Mail International offers reliable yet affordable international delivery to more than 180 countries from $24.95. Delivery is guaranteed within 6-10 business days and comes with tracking, $200 of insurance for merchandise loss, damage or missing contents and may qualify for package pickup.
First Class Mail International
First Class Mail International is the most affordable USPS service for sending postcards, letters and flats weighing up to 4 lbs to over 180 countries.
USPS for Business
USPS offers a range of benefits for businesses shipping regularly via their delivery network, including:
- Postage calculation. Ensure you’re using the correct USPS service and not over or under paying for each shipment.
- Free tools. Business customers receive tracking on many select services, no surcharges for residential deliveries and free pickup, Saturday delivery and shipping supplies.
- Volume discounts. Ship a certain amount using specific services and qualify for volume discounts.
- Click-N-Ship. Easily create and print labels and pay for shipments online via your USPS account.
- Click-N-Ship Business Pro. Downloadable desktop software to help larger and more regular shippers manage and pay for deliveries.
- Integrate shipping software. Connect and manage your USPS business account to various pieces of other ecommerce and shipping software, such as Veeqo.
Subscribe to email updates from Veeqo
Join 1000s of fellow retailers across the globe, all getting the Veeqo team's latest resources and support delivered fresh in their inbox every week.
You can also follow @veeqo on Twitter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or take a peek behind the scenes on our Instagram.